Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goodbye was the good time*


Goodbye was the good time*

Saturday night, a drink and a dance
Tango for two in pure sweet romance
A bar room is open but only a few
Get a table near the window, how is the view?

A cigarette ashtray smoked its last cigarette
But more than a pack it has not seen it yet
Oh darling as I come closer to whisper a word in your ear
If I may can I ask you why do we ever come here?

Darkened streets all alone outside 
Moon sits there by itself, the evening begins to die
Night is getting older beyond twelve o'clock it goes
One more dance with my love then we can leave I suppose

Time to say goodbye and be on our way
Not much of a visit I have to say
Another time will come maybe more folks we will meet
But now to go back home right down the street

Dom*Colucci © 2017

1 comment:

Where were you when I was always here?*

Where were you when I was always here?*   Who are and where did you come from? Are you of duality or from the Source of one? Does your consc...