Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Thick as a brick*



Thick as a brick*


 It was January 7th 1972. and the cover was on a newspaper

Inquisitive as it was but the music claimed fame from this caper

It was of this group that made progressive rock to its fame

A flutist, Ian Anderson captured many with its name


The name was from an agricultural pioneer named Jethro Tull

This person made a seed drill in which a horse did pull

Though a sort of tribute to that person the music opened the mind

Open in one's consciousness in this music a different reality to find


Like looking at one's life and seeing from a storybook in rhyme and reason

Some of the songs talked a lot about some of the seasons

But getting back that newspaper cover that did the trick

Was a mild spoofing not to mock known as Thick As A Brick


Dom*Colucci © 2020

~btw~I wrote this poem because I am inspired by the group Jethro Tull since the 1970's~


4 comments:

  1. ~image from google images and certain copyright laws I do not make any financial gain from this either~just like this type of music and this group for inspiration~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. ~when I was in the U S Navy in the early 1970's this is all I listened to on the ship~it took me into many years in listening the philosophical lyrics as well~good group as I gave a website where I got inspired from on my comment~thank you my Precious Flower~enjoy as well~

      Delete

I finally got the point!*

I finally got the point!*  Have you ever noticed where you stand?  Casting your eyes outward across the land Now you come across an epiphany...