Sunday, October 25, 2009

You have a friend in Mother Goose*

This is an actual story that took place last week at my job....I am the kind of person that always preaching positive thoughts and live by them but this story rocked my keel a little. I am an inventory manager and a purchasing agent for the United States Government in Upstate New York and have been working there for almost 35 1/2 years.
It all began with a certain purchase I made. In the government we have transactions that were allocated with funds.These transactions are given to purchasing agents to place the orders with the particular companies. Some companies have open market status, which is, there are no government contracts attached and we can buy anything from any of those vendors under $3000.00. Then there is GSA contracts. These are government contracts awarded to any business, small or large, veteran owned or women owned or minority owned but the vendor just submits a form to get on these contracts and they get put in an elibrary for GSA which is a government catalog for any item imaginable. Then there is Federal Government Contracts that are contracts awarded to the Government for only procuring from that vendor only and cannot deviate from it as the company put a bid in for to sell their product(s) at a decent price and was locked in and awarded for the Government.
OK Now you know some of what I do as I procure for the United States Government. getting back to this story, like I said, I was given a transaction and it was for $94.12 for a certain sponge we buy.I have a government credit card and purchased this item at an open market vendor. As case would have it and little did I know that this item was on Standardized Contract with the Government and was sent up as an immediate problem. OK so I receive an email from one of the people monitoring these things and this person needed info why I bought this item off of Contract. I asked them,"What are you talking about?" They needed a Directive why I did this. Still did not know what they were talking about...I was purchasing for 5 years and never had this problem show up. I explained the situation but this person gave my incident to upper management and a tug of war pursued. There were five people that were making in an excess of $65,000 to $120,000 a year that was ready to slap the cuffs on me for a $94.12 order that I had no idea in with this potential financial fiasco? These upper management flagged me and sent my violation to 2 huge corporations to be recognized as I went off contract...There was more money spent on my mess up by the people pointing fingers than the cost of the product itself..but that is a different subject and the matter as far as I am concerned is over. They found out I was never in violation because there was no specifics used for that particular sponge and the contract was cancelled 3 years ago...but that is their suffering and not mine, as I brushed it off. But Now the meat of my story.
I was feeling a little gray about this situation, so my remedy was to meditate at this pond I go to near the Albany International Airport in Colonie,N.Y. I arrived at the pond and seen in the distance a group of geese and their fledglings walking around and pecking at the grasses near the edge of the pond. I brought my HOLOSYNC MP3 and sat on a picnic table and started to look out on the pond and started going inward with my deep meditation. About 15 minutes into the deep meditation, I heard the sounds of garble coming from my left where the geese were and it was getting louder. I happen to peek in the corner of my eye and was surprised that I had around 30 geese and their fledglings all circled me and did not even flinch to rid me off their territory. There were a few mallards with them but I could not believe how many were there.
Then as the night progressed I heard these young adults about 25 years old getting closer to where I was sitting and came up near me and the geese and started taking pictures of them. I seen in front of me a mother goose and her fledglings and possibly a few females go into the water with mom and start to circle around. When she was done with her swim she came out right next to me and flapping her wings and squinching her neck in a hissing fashion, not a me but the young adults. I watched in the corner of my eye as she went up to the young adults by moving in a way that told those 25 year kids to back off. So they left. The amazing thing about this was they still stayed next to me as to having a comfort of what happened to me earlier that day with the $94.12 order. I felt so good about this whole incident I started balling my eyes out as to feel the present of God touching my Spirit and saying, "You will be just fine." I made mother goose my friend that moment as if she was my protector and being of baptismal of purity of that day
Well, the night slowly came to an end when a man and his son came to go fishing in the pond and the son brought a net with him. I knew that I would have to leave as the boy was in front of me trying to catch a frog in his net but noticed that the geese knew that their presence was not needed anymore because they felt me with their Awareness getting ready to leave anyways. I got up off the picnic table and proceeded to my car and looked back at my friends and mother goose and said goodbye to them and thanked them for supporting me that evening. The geese went right back in the same place they started from before they seen me.
That evening I felt very blessed as another Spiritual connection was made with nature and ever since that moment my Awareness has gotten a little sharper as it responds so well and knows the being I am in the positive. By the way I went tonite 16JUNE2009, to check up on them and they were at a distance as to telling me, "You are fine tonite, my nature brother." I am so glad that there are alternatives and outlets to ground your minor ignorance at times and I found my outlet with Mother Goose.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you appreciated it as much as I wrote it to you.

4 comments:

  1. I clearly remember this story, Dom. Your Mother Goose/God was offering Her solace to you that day. It gave me "goose" bumps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bodhirose...yes that was back in mid June..I am glad you remembered as I had a poem right around the same time..still a nice place to meditate..enjoy my Dearest Bodhirose(+)
    Dom*
    ps do your goose bumps ever fly North?..LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this story then and love it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden Lotus of God's Love....It is always my favourite as well..I love geese...they fly in a number 7 pattern as this is my favourite number..enjoy my love(+)
    soulbro*

    ReplyDelete

I finally got the point!*

I finally got the point!*  Have you ever noticed where you stand?  Casting your eyes outward across the land Now you come across an epiphany...